The flavors of almonds and raspberry jam marble throughout this marzipan raspberry blondies recipe for an easy, gooey, and decadent sweet treat.
It’s about damn time for a WEDDING-INSPIRED recipe!!!
These blondies are inspired by our wedding cake (photos coming sooooon, I swear!) We had a tiny three-layer cake with strawberry, red velvet, and princess torte flavored cakes.
It was DIVINE. I definitely think I had more cake than dinner that night, though honestly my memory is such a blur because it went by SO FAST that I have no idea if that’s the case.
Anyway. Princess torte is a sponge cake with marzipan, raspberry jam, and cream. NOM. And you KNOW how much I love my marzipan.
Basically any almond-plus-fruit combo has me drooling.
So I thought I’d combine those flavors in a lower-maintenance dessert (because seriously,look at thesetraditional princess torte cakes. Gorgeous but I’m not going through that kind of effort very often…)
These. turned. out. so. well.
They are HEAVENLY.
Soft, gooey, super satisfying.
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 C flour
- 4 oz almond paste*, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together until pale yellow and very well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Slowly add flour until combined. Add almond paste. Then gently fold in raspberry jam - you'll need to fold it fewer times than you expect! Go easy so you have some pretty marbling after you pour it into the pan.
- Pour batter into baking pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- *You can use marzipan or almond paste. I prefer almond paste because marzipan has added sugar, and you really won't notice a difference once it's baked. Both will be sweet and decadent.
I wanted to pair these with some raspberry sorbet (because how GOOD would that be), but not enough to go to a second store. So I used this yummy strawberry ice cream, which still felt like celebrating our wedding since we also had a layer of strawberry cake.